Tuesday, October 15, 2019

New Knowledge

Today we discussed rhetorical devices. The two we discussed were hyperbole and understatement. I learned that there are many ways to use both devices. For example, Hyperboles can be used to make a point strongly, to snap the reader to attention, or to demonstrate the difference between two things. We completed an activity on how hyperboles are written and what way in which they were being used. I recognized that even though we use them every day, they are difficult to think of when you’re  actually trying. I didn’t quite understand how to write an understatement, however, I understood the concept of what understatement are. I never knew that what I learned today. It kinda opened my eyes to the realization that there is a lot that I don't know but soon hope to find out. Overall, class was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment