Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Culture Projects Day 2

Today, I was able to present my project. I had mastered saying "Hello, this is my project on Congo's culture" in French and that was my opening. It went well, or so I assumed. I had received a 98/A for "reading off the board a little too much" and for not making the right amount of eye contact. I felt that this was unfair to say since I began my project with every bit of eye-contact along with the occasional reading of slides to maintain the flow of the presentation. I even conveyed information using my hands which means that I was extremely engaged with my audience. Besides that, I discovered much about the different countries such; in South Korea, they believe that sleeping with a fan can cause death and in the Netherlands, they celebrate the color orange. In Canada, they celebrate a day called "Boxing Day" which is basically like Christmas for us but instead, they just give gifts for no reason. Discovering this information made me even more interested in the boldly printed phrase on my bucket list: Travel the world. I feel like everybody really did a good job presenting their country and causing a peak of interest within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment