Thursday, January 9, 2020

FIGHTS AND FALLACIES

Today was an interesting day. We were instructed to come up with skits that represented the logical fallacy given to us. My group was not ideal for me. I was the only girl in a group of infuriating boys; however, I endured it for the sake of my grade. The process was remarkably difficult. It was challenging trying to act out Post Hoc which is when one thing happens that is completely unrelated to an occurring situation but one argues that it is the reason for that occurring situation. For example, "Every time that rooster crows, the sun comes up. That rooster must be very powerful and important!" The rooster has nothing to do with the rising of the sun. In fact, the rooster crows after the sun has risen. It is important to farmers but it has no godly power. The skit that my group came up with was simple and probably tedious to others. This was fine because I felt that our skit got straight to the point whereas other groups confused me. I could not determine which fallacy they were given so I had to make educated guesses. Me and one of the guys decided we would act like we failed a test in our AP class while the other two guys fought over something entirely different, a"girlfriend." Our argument was that since the AP class is hard and stressful, the students decided to fight each other. Of course, that didn't make sense which is why it is a fallacy. Overall, the class was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment