Monday, January 13, 2020

I DISAGREE WITH YOUR AGREEMENT

Today, the class was cut short. Before we had to leave class to go to a meeting, we played a game that goes by the name of "4 Corners" This was not your typical 4 Corners but the AP Lang. edition. It was truly enjoyable and I liked picking corners in which stood for strongly agree, agree, disagree or strongly disagree. Each question was difficult for me but there was one that stood out the most. This question was should teens be able to make decisions regarding body modifications such as plastic surgery, tattoos, piercing and etc. As a teen that has 4 ear piercings instead of 2, (I got the second ones in middle school) I see nothing wrong with allowing a teen to decide upon things like that so I agreed but I didn't strongly agree. My teacher, however, disagreed which I completely understand because he is a parent himself.  I still believe that parents should have at least some say so because they are still one's parents but that they should allow their children to express themselves to a certain extent. I soon hope to get a tattoo myself, several actually, one in which I had already discussed with my mother and she approved it, along with a few others that I plan on getting. Following the completion of the game, we were called to the cafeteria to listen to a speaker about the upcoming ACT. She basically motivated us into wanting to do our best on the ACT to receive an exceptional amount of money for college. I was ready to start prepping for the ACT with her immediately until I found out that her services cost $375. At that moment I then knew that I would have to start prepping myself by myself or with my classmates. Overall, today was okay.

1 comment:

  1. I used to love doing the Ap corners game im glad you enjoyed it. And yeah the ACT services too expensive but in the long run they may help you, but i cant do then either cause im poor.

    ReplyDelete