Friday, August 30, 2019

Cold Sweats

Today, we took a test. A short, slightly challenging test. From first glance, I thought it would be simple but like they always say...NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER. I noticed a word that we have gone over multiple times and yet, I can never memorize its meaning. The question asked me to choose the sentence that demonstrated the word in the text. I was clueless so my only option was to guess and keep moving. A light blanket of sweat formed on my forehead even though the room was FREEZING. I had reached another question that was very hard to answer and time was ticking. Before the test was provided, I told myself not to overthink and go with the answer that sees fit. That does not mean that I selected any kind of answer, it just mean that I didn't stress as much as usual. I'm guessing because of that, I was able to retain a steady pace from question to question until I reached the writing portion. The writing portion was surprisingly easy; however, I am not good at putting my thoughts on paper. I had much to say about the topic and didn't think for another second letting my hand write the words as my thoughts came to mind. Before I knew it, I had completed two paragraphs in a reasonable amount of time. I think I did pretty good on the test. If my grade says otherwise, I certainly will be devastated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment