Monday, September 16, 2019

Thesis Statement

Today, we discussed what a thesis statement is and how it is written in an essay. Our teacher typed a prompt and we were told to make a thesis statement answering the prompt. I already had knowledge of how to do it so it was easy to me but I never knew there was more than one way to write a thesis statement and that the way that I am most good at doing is called “The List.” The List contains the essay’s topic, point, and 3 reasons to support the claim. This way is much easier for me to understand than “The Umbrella” which contains the topic, point but instead of directly stating reasons to support the claim, the writer is supposed to allude to them. I can never understand how to create one or what word to use, to sum up, all of my ideas. But, I’ll figure it out somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment