Friday, January 10, 2020

More Fallacies

Today went by swiftly. We read a book about arguments. The book was not the typical book that I thought it would be. I thought that there would be dull instructions and definitions concerning arguments. However, it was actually entertaining and written well enough to possess my attention. The only problem was that my eyes were heavy as if someone was pulling them and no matter how much I tried to stay aware, I ended up dozing off...SEVERAL TIMES. The book basically reviewed the same fallacies that we had already covered but it also included ones that we did not learn. I realized that in AP Lang I learn the name of the things that I am familiar with. For example, the Fallacy of Popularity is when one argues that something should be done or is correct because lots of people do it. As a teen, we often use this fallacy against our parents in order to receive something or to be allowed to do something of our interest. We'd say that we should be able to get a certain type of shoe because everyone else has them or a certain type of phone. My point is that we are more intelligent than we think. This boosts my confidence a little because sometimes I feel as if I am ignorant. Overall, today was great.

1 comment:

  1. Cool I loved the Arguments we used to do back in 11th Grade I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete