Monday, March 2, 2020

Starting Over

Today went exceptionally well. I was honestly thankful for the fact that the teacher decided to go over the basics of a prompt and how it should be analyzed because the AP Exam is quickly approaching. I feel that I will do good on the writing portion but when my skills are tested, I tend to focus on time more than the prompt itself. I blame this on lack of experience; when you are taught to do something a specific way for so long, it is difficult to learn to do it differently. I feel that certain teachers should prepare students who are interested in climbing the high ladder of education for the challenges and material that the students will encounter. I'm not saying handicap the students but to get their minds accustomed to being challenged and timed. Before reaching high school, everything was taught to me at a comfortable pace and I was never forced to accomplish such a lengthy task in a limited amount of time. I was always quicker than most students but I wasn't taught the information necessary to pass the tests that are soon approaching; however, with the help of my AP teachers and other preparatory classes, I'm hoping that I will be fully prepared and full of confidence when encountering any test that is given to me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment