Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Room Of Critics

Today, there was a room full of critics. Unexpectedly, the class was granted the opportunity to check each other's papers for grammatic errors and incorrect word choice. We were surprised because we thought that the assignment was an ordinary bellringer; that we were just completing it and turning it in to be graded. Instead, we were the graders. I knew that my paper was not the best because I didn't understand the prompt. Also, my grammar is not where it should be. Nonetheless, I had fun grading other people's papers because I realized that I was not alone. This made me feel better but still, I was disappointed. I knew that it was a shame that I am an AP student with nothing to prove that I am. As the teacher read my paper, I felt a sense of failure. My heart sped up and I became angry with myself. I had never received any criticism before so I didn't think anything was wrong with my literary work. Overall, today was depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment