Thursday, November 14, 2019

Technology's Shoulder

Today's lecture was great and in my opinion, disputable. We read an article by Nicholas Carr titled "Is Google Making Us Stupid?" Now by the name of the article, you can tell why I felt that this is controversial. I feel that Google heightens my intelligence rather than diminishing it. People assume that since you aren't flipping through hundreds of pages in a book to find an answer, you are lazy or dependent on Google. In reality, you're just using the resources that life has given you. Google is merely an assistant that exists to remind one of the forgotten knowledge or to supply one with new knowledge. Yes, it could be crippling if depended on entirely but what if your life does not depend upon it? Then are you "stupid" or are you not being wasteful of something that was developed to make life a little easier? I suppose the answer to whether or not Google is stupid depends on the person. I'm glad that I was attentive today. Maybe this is because I was warm and toasty. Overall, class was intriguing.

No comments:

Post a Comment