Thursday, December 5, 2019

Fear & Kisses

Today, the class began with a quick write concerning fear. We were instructed to compose a paragraph about our greatest fear. My greatest fear is being a failure. I have become so accustomed to high expectations or instances where I make a perfect grade; if I were to make anything less, I am then filled with disappointment and regret. Because of this fear, I am always unsatisfied with my actions. I never know when I am going to mess up and I fear mistakes prompting me to not want to expand on anything. I suppose you can say that I have trapped myself within a box of safety. Following this task, we read and analyzed poems. The first poem regarded the poet's fear of death. The other poem was about the poet's disappointment in a well-expected kiss. She loved her significant other and vice versa, but the kiss was not what she dreamed of. Each poem had a few questions to follow in which we completed and graded. The last assignment of the day was to compose a poem that will be entered into a contest. It is hard for me to put words on paper so this task is quite challenging. Overall, today was transcendent.

No comments:

Post a Comment